- Guk, V., Tuzovskiy, M., Wolcott, D., Mach, J. ”Optimizing the Number of Fractures in a Horizontal Well,” SPE-14772-MS paper presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in Houston, Texas. 28-30 September 2015
- Guk, V., Bychina, M., Wolcott, D., Economides, M. “A Fracture Injection Test Design and Interpretation for the Determination of Reservoir Permeability,” SPE 170577-MS paper was presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. 27-29 October, 2014.
- Guk, V., Bychina, M., Wolcott, D., Economides, M. “Reconciliation of Fracture Performance and Fracture Geometry with Design,” SPE 168199-MS paper was presented at the SPE International Symposium and Exhibition on Formation Damage Control held in Lafayette, LA. 26-28 February, 2014.
- Maria Bychina, Wolcott, D.S. et. al. “The Systematic Closing of the Performance Gap in Hydraulic Fracturing,” IPTC paper 17535 was presented at the International Petroleum Technology Conference held in Doha, Qatar, 20-22 January 2014.
- Guk, Vyacheslav, Wolcott, D.S. et.al., “Fracture Design Optimization in Permeability Anisotropic Reservoirs,” Hydraulic Fracturing Quarterly Q1 2014, Energy Tribune Publishing.
- Wolcott, D.S. “Doubling Production while Increasing Recovery,” Harts E&P, Hart Energy Publishing, December 2004.
- Rueda, J.I, Mach, J., and Wolcott, D. “Pushing Fracturing Limits to Maximize Producibility in Turbidite Formations in Russia”. Paper SPE 91760 presented at the 2004 SPE International Petroleum Conference. Puebla, Mexico, 8-9 November 2004.
- Wolcott, D.S. “A Recent History of the Russian Oil Industry and a Look to its Future,” World Energy, Vol. 7 No. 3, October 2004.
- Jenkins, C.D., Richmond, P.L., Wolcott, D.S. “Reservoir Description and Numerical Simulation of Neocomian Gas-Condensate and Oil Reservoirs, Western Siberian Basin, Russia,” SPE paper 90595 presented at the SPE Annual Technical conference and Exhibition held in Houston, Texas, USA, 26-29 September 2004.
- Demarchos, A.S, Chomatas, A.S., Economides, M.J., Mach, J.M., Wolcott, D.S. “Pushing the Limits in Hydraulic Fracture Design,” SPE paper 86483 presented at the 2004 International Symposium and Exhibigition on Formation Damage Control, held in Lafayette, Lousiana, USA.
- Wolcott, D. Applied Waterflood Field Development, Energy Tribune Publishing Inc., 2009.
This text is a synthesis of proven techniques and innovations that are best in class, and when applied, form the foundational elements for higher performing waterflooding operations. This book describes the workflow that should be undertaken, in whole or in part, to manage a waterflood. This book is different from other published texts in that it is focused towards identifying and closing performance gaps for existing waterfloods.
The know-how, skills and work flow required to identify and close performance gaps are presented with the supporting theoretical basis. This is a useful text for the student to learn theory and application and useful for the experienced engineer to gain skills and challenge him or herself to better identify opportunities. This text is intended as a comprehensive guide for the graduating engineer on the subject of field development and management of waterflooded fields. For the practicing engineer this book should be useful as a reference and a source for new ideas to improve waterflooding operations in their company.
Focus is placed on methods necessary for daily design, surveillance and management of waterfloods. In-depth theory and application principals for daily waterflood management are provided in addition to some of the longer-term more strategic field development considerations. Additionally, some insight and advice is given on how to implement leading technical ideas and get positive management recognition. In other words, how to be successful as a technical expert, get projects done and progress your career.